|Category:||Experimental Traditional Art | Posted:||July 9, 2018|
|Post Type||Traditional Art||Mixed Media||Minor|
|I am still working on loosening up my strokes and blending colors without hard lines...a lot more difficult than it seems. I sketched out this scene and then masked out my flowers and leaves. After doing that I discovered a few watercolor spatters outside the image that would be seen. Had I noticed this first, I would have used a new piece of paper. I was not about to start over so I spattered the background around the rectangle framing the floral scene. I completed the piece and the spattered background was awful. After all that work doing the scene I left it for a bit and then decided I could save it but painting the spattered area a dark color. I used black India ink which dries to a slight sheen. The flowers and the background inside the frame is completed with only watercolors. I am very happy with the outcome and think this is my best watercolor piece so far. Just goes to show you can often save a ruined piece if you think out of the box ( pun intended) Lol.|
You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.
© Copyright 2018. Linda Wetzel All rights reserved.
Linda Wetzel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.